Sunday 27 March 2011

NOTD - Barry M crackle polish __MakeuPanda

I recently bought Barry M's new crackle nail polish (Instant Effects) in no. 311. It's called Black Magic.
I've seen plenty of reviews talking about how great it is and I've seen it on a few girls around college.
I purchased it from Boots along with the Hologram Hexograms (np244) in a 2 for £5 offer which I thought was great.
I layered it over a bright blue I got from Primark, of all the places to buy nail polish... 
(It's much brighter in real life, I had to use the camera on my BlackBerry, and you can't see the contrast very much, but I assure you it looks good!)
 I used OPI's base coat first, then two coats of Primark's nail polish (which I actually quite like, after 2 coats)
 And then I applied the crackle nail polish. It clearly says to NOT OVERLAP so I tried my best to get even coverage with one application.. After about 3 seconds you can see the crackle effect taking place...
 A close up of my results...
I have to apologise for my messy nail-painting, I'm yet to become perfect at this :/, it washes off your skin anyway :)
I really like the effect and for the price I think it's a great buy! Next I'm thinking of trying it with a bright orange for an animal-print effect... hopefully!

Has anyone else tried this polish yet? Did it work well for you?
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Brisa has!! She's done it on top of a gold which looked v animaly, I suppose silver would be good too for the arctic leopard look. :) Grrrr! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool beans! can't wait to try the orange! i feel guilty to take this one off though hahaha

    ReplyDelete