Tuesday 18 June 2013

REVIEW + MAKEUP LOOK: Sleek i-Candy palette, Sweet Cheeks blush by 3 and Dark Eyebrow kit __MakeuPanda


Hello everyone!
This is a post showing swatches and a look I came up with while playing around with the new Sleek collection, which I bought very recently from the Superdrug in Meadowhall, Sheffield.

Eyebrow Kit in Dark £8.49
But firstly before the exciting new colourful palettes, I also picked up the Sleek Brow Kit in dark because I can never find this in stock at the Superdrug in Nottingham town centre of at Sheffield Crystal Peaks/ The Moor! They often have the light brow kit but not the dark one. So I decided to grab this while I was at it!
it was £8.49 and contains both a cream/gel like compartment and a matte shadow, along with a pair of mini tweezers and two brushes. Personally I like to use a normal-sized brush as I find the long handle allows me to be a little more light handed- also I have yet to try the tweezers.
 I swatched the colours onto my hand- just a thin line, and I also tried it out when I did my full face of makeup (I will add photos at the end).
As you can see the colours are slightly on the ashy side which I like better for a brow powder because orangey-looking brows are really awful. On the photo it does look a little off-colour, maybe slightly green but this isn't the case in reality. I like the consistency of both products, and I think that both of the colours work well for my brows. However I can be a little heavy handed with the cream product and need to be sparing to avoid the dreaded Scouse brow. This comes in quite a few colours online including two shades darker than this - Extra Dark and Black, so it's great for darker skin tones as well.

i-Divine-I-CANDY Eyeshadow palette £7.99
As you may know, I am obsessed with the i-Divine palettes and have tried to purchase every single edition so far (although sadly I think I may have missed Showstopper and Laguna- *cry*). One of the reasons is because I just like to collect them as they are beautiful to look at but mostly it is because they are just REALLY GOOD EYESHADOW PALETTES. Did you get that? They are just fab. They have fantastic colour payoff, a great range of shades, brilliant packaging, plenty of product and are "cheap as chips"! The only downside to these is the fallout, and to be fair, with this amount of colour pay-off it would be pretty impossible to ensure no fallout.
 This palette is another very good eyeshadow palette well worth the money and fun for summer if you fancy experimenting with colour for a very good deal.


 These are closeups of the colours provided in the palette. The top photo shows (clockwise) Apple Sour, Peardrop, Flump, Cream Soda, Mint Cream, Bubblegum. The bottom photo shows Strawberry Sherbet, Bob Bon, Parma Violet, Aniseed, Blue Fizzle and Liquorice (which shows up much more brown here than it really is- it's actually a matte black). How adorable are the names of the shadows, too? Typing them up is making my mouth water!
 The top line of swatches was done atop Urban Decay's Primer Potion and the bottom was without. You can see that even without primer the eyeshadows show up beautifully, the primer just adds an extra pop to a few of the shades (and would make them last a lot longer of course). The swatches are just in the order of the palette- the top line followed by the bottom line.
My favourite shades in the palette are probably Cream Soda - a really pretty white shimmer which reminds me very much of my favourite MAC highlight colour - Crystal Avalanche, and Apple Sour which (aside from the tasty name) is a lovely shimmer greenish turquoise which gives a lovely pop of colour under the eye.
I would definitely recommend this product as I would all of the Sleek palettes.

Blush by 3 in Sweet Cheeks £9.99
This is actually my very first Sleek blush product and I'm not sure why it has taken me quite this long to try them out. Although you get three blushes and it's obviously fantastic value for money - I think in the past, when limiting myself to either the eyeshadows or the blushes, I've always been wooed by the choice of 12 shades for £7.99 over the 3 shades for £9.99. Saying that, I really love these blushes and I am amazed with how much product you get for each blush. You would think with it being a trio you'd just get a small amount but (correct me if I am wrong) you get a full single blush size for each shade in this compact, giving a total of 17g of product (um, wow).
The shades included are called Cupcake, Dolly Mix and Candy Floss. The photo shows these as a little more blueish than they are in reality- especially the cream blush which is less fuschia and more of a true pink. I tried out the cream blush in my complete face look and I will be honest I put a bit too much on at first because the pigment is so strong! For a pale girl like myself you will only need the tiniest amount on your brush or fingers. As with the eyeshadows they swatch exactly how they look in the palette which I love. I think for me Dolly Mix which is the more violet-y toned pink is more wearable on a day-to-day basis. Personally I would still wear the other blushes because I love the colours of them, but it takes a bit more work to apply and blend them out to look less clowny on me.
I really like this palette and would love to try one of the more natural-toned, less pinky blush-by-3 for example the one called Lace.

Below are some photos of how the look turned out on me.
I used mostly Flump on the lids with Parma Violet in the crease and Cream Soda as an inner highlight and brow highlight, and under the eye I used a little Pear Drop blended into Apple Sour to give a contrast of colour. I liked the way the eyes turned out. I used the brow kit on my eyebrows but think I need a little practice!
The other eye products I used were the UD Primer potion, Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner (which is actually my favourite liquid eyeliner I've ever used AND the cheapest, I love this! Plus a bottle literally lasts ages, I must have had one open over a year- not sure if that's even legal?), and Benefit They're Real Mascara, which I love very much.
On my face I used Dainty Doll Now That I've Found You liquid foundation in shade 002 Light (The first foundation i've ever had NOT in the lightest shade! Hurrah!) which I got from Boots. I do like this foundation but it's not perfect- I will be forever on the search for my favourite foundation as I am yet to find one I find worth the money! Also I used Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair which I ADORE SERIOUSLY BUY THIS, and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent which is equally amazing. Yes, they are both worth the hype.
On my lips I have the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick which is another worth-the-hype product, I love the balm stains to death.

I hope you enjoyed this post and please share any ideas using the palette or looks you have created yourself, or your views on the palette or anything at all really!
Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to read this, I really appreciate it.
Jess
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment