Monday 1 July 2013

REVIEW: The ONLY eyelash adhesive I'll ever buy... __MakeuPanda

DUO adhesive £10.00 from MAC
I do love false eyelashes, and I believe that with a bit of practice and the right technique, any girl can apply them for a bit of extra drama for a night out or special occasion. I'm not someone who would be able to wear them all the time as I don't find them super comfy and prefer a more natural day-to-day look.
The only issue I have with most eyelashes is that they give you a teeny bottle of (usually disgustingly *fishy* smelling) glue with an awful stick applicator and expect you to work with it. Um, no. This stuff never works well, and, well, stinks. In more way than one.
So since seeing 9 out of 10 beauty bloggers and youtubers talk about DUO, and the fact that it's what the recommend at MAC, who I always feel know what they are talking about, I thought I'd try it. This was a while ago and since then I've only been through one tube- it lasted me FOREVER and although it's a bit pricey at a tenner a tube, it's definitely worth it to save your eyes from those dodgy cheap glue dramas. The only reason I had to buy a new one was because I lost the lid to the original and it dried up and I had to throw it away- I probably had half a tube of product left- devastating!
The first tube I got was the one that dries black, because I always apply black liquid liner to my upper lash line when using falsies. I did like this and the only reason why I didn't go back to the same one - I bought the white/clear one instead - was because I'm nosy and want to try out everything.
I like this one just as much, it takes a bit longer to go invisible than the black one does to go black, but it's hardly an issue.
My advice when using this is to squirt out a tiny amount onto the plastic container of the lashes you are using and dab the lash band into the puddle- making sure the whole band is covered and most importantly the very edges as these are the bits that are more likely to go crazay. Also be sure to wait at least a minute to allow the glue to go tacky instead of trying to stick it straight on.
Have you tried this product? Do you prefer white/clear or black finish? I can't decide!
Thanks for reading this post, and hope you enjoyed it.
Any comments are welcome, including constructive criticism!
Jess xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment