Thursday 25 July 2013

REVIEW: Tom Ford Black Orchid Lipstick __MakeuPanda

TOM FORD LIPSTICK IN BLACK ORCHID £36
I bought this for a whopping £36.00 from House of Fraser (online), and it cost me around £3.00 for shipping.
 Firstly the packaging is fantastic, it's so heavy and expensive looking. I will say that I was a bit disappointed when I opened up the lid and fully extended the lipstick and found this meager amount. I suppose I should have read more about the product to find out about the weight you get with it but hey-ho. I adore the TF stamped into the lipstick and was devastated to smudge it up the first time I used it.
The actual application of this lipstick is what makes it worth the £36.00. Yes, it's a LOT for one lipstick, but it applies nicer than any lipstick I've ever owned. It goes on smoothly, and gives an even opaque colour without having to go over it more than once. The swatch below shows how you can wear the lipstick more than one way- a  light application and a more heavy application, it demonstrates how buildable this lipstick is, you can create a beautiful berry shade or a deep, rich red wine colour. So yes, it is expensive, but you are almost getting two shades/two looks from this one tube.
Black Orchid; Lightly swatched, and more heavily.

On my wonky smile!

Overall, I really do love it. It's a gorgeous shade, and a great formula. It's not drying, it's not matte, it's not too shiny, it's quite perfect. Saying all that I probably wouldn't buy another Tom Ford because it's simply too expensive to justify the price but I am glad that I've tried it out. Perhaps if you're a moneybags you could have the whole collection, because they are beautiful.

Have you tried a Tom Ford lipstick, or a great dupe for Black Orchid?
Thanks so much for reading. Hope you have a great day.
Love, Jess
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment