Sunday 26 May 2013

HAUL: small haul. makeup, socks and a doughnut! __MakeuPanda

Hello there!
So today for a very much needed break from revision, Tom (the boyf) and I headed into Nottingham as I needed a few bits. Along the way I dragged him into Poundland which has become a habit since my friend found the Dainty Doll eyeshadow gems. I'm always on the lookout for £1 bargains. Also nipped in Primarni and Topshop.
Again apologising for the terrible photo quality. I am thinking of buying myself a new camera for my birthday. For now, it's my/Tom's camera phones.
This is the small collection I bought and although it's not a lot I wanted to share. Tom let me use his phone and I have a strong feeling if I didn't keep the very discreetly snuck-in Pikachu it would likely be the last time. Also, sorry about the very classy propping up involving the sports bottle. You get the idea.

Left to right, clockwise.


Topshop 3 for £8 Frilly socks

I just love these with my white creepers, I think they look really cute and take the grunge edge off, replacing it with a small amount of girlishness which I don't often channel unless it's with makeup (of course). I don't have a fat lot to say- they are socks. They are nice quality and soft but I would expect no less for more than £2.50 a pair- yes, I'm frugal, but afterall they ARE just socks. I've had these before but wanted a few more pairs.

Primark large hair doughnut £1.50

Again I've had one of these before but I reckon I've lost it somewhere. These are really useful and I like how you can get a large, full-looking bun without any backcombing or heat. I think you are supposed to slip your pony-tail through the hole and wrap it around but I find it's a lot more secure if you just thread the ends through the hole and tuck back on themselves, under the doughnut, and roll the doughnut back towards your head several times. I find I don't even need pins if I do this but I usually secure around the bun with another hair tie to be sure.

Allura false eyelashes £1 (Poundland)

I haven't yet tried these out but I thought the shape looked alright for 50p a pair- thought it was worth a shot! I definitely won't be using the supplied glue however, as I think this might burn a smidge. I always use Duo glue.

Bourjois rouge hi-tech water-based liptint in shade 85 £1 (Poundland)

(This is the swatch furthest right on the photo further down)
 This is a lip stain in a nice rose pink which comes in very interesting packaging which I first thought was a nail polish! This swatches nicely and starts with a sheen but dries down very quickly to a matte stain. I am yet to try this on the lips but will review if I like it.


 This is the very odd packaging and applicator. I much prefer the packaging of, for instance, the L'oreal Caresse glam shine that I bought a few weeks ago and wrote about in my last post here, as this packaging is quite messy and hard to do on the go, as you need to put it down somewhere when using it.

Nivea Volume Shine Pure Diamond lipstick in shade 66 Mauve Parure £1 (Poundland)

This is a very deep pink/purple, well a mauve, as the name suggests. I actually really like deep lipsticks so was willing to give this a try. From the swatch I can tell it's nice and shiny and doesn't seem drying at all. It's not completely opaque but I feel the colour could be quite buildable, and I think it will require a couple of coats before I would be happy with it as personally I don't like sheer lipsticks much. The packaging on this is really lovely- the tube is a holographic-type silver and feels nice quality.
 Nivea Volume Shine Pure Diamond lipstick in shade 66 Mauve Parure and Nivea Beaute Shine Ultra Glossy lipstick in shade Berry Jelly 03

Nivea Beaute Shine Ultra Glossy lipstick in shade Berry Jelly 03 £1 (Poundland)

This is a natural pink with a beigey neutral tone to it, which doesn't translate very well in the photos. It is more of a neutral, natural-looking pink than the Bourjois. It is very sheer and hydrating and more like a gloss than a lipstick. I think this would be nice for a light wash of colour when it's not a bold lips day. Looking forward to trying this out as it's not what I'd normally go for. I'd say it's one of those my-lips-but-better types.


Nivea Volume Shine Pure Diamond lipstick in shade 66 Mauve Parure, Nivea Beaute Shine Ultra Glossy lipstick in shade Berry Jelly 03, Bourjois rouge hi-tech water-based liptint in shade 85

So not a lot but a small haul that I wanted to share with you. Have you found any bargains in Poundland or anywhere similar? Please share if you have! I love a good makeup bargain.

Hope you have a fab day, thanks for reading!
Jess xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment