Monday 20 May 2013

HAUL: small recent beauty haul and first impressions __MakeuPanda

Hi guys, so... it's been a while! Well, a very long while. 
The reason why I'm interested in starting up the blog again is because I'm looking into setting up a Makeup and Beauty Society at my University which will have a blog. If it all works out I will link it here.
Also, I'm avoiding revising for exams. I will literally do anything to avoid revising. Hence why I'm here!
And finally, my friend Julia has been blogging a bit recently and it inspired me to get back on it. Her blog is really great. Check it out here!

So this post is a simple what-i've-been-buying-recently-all-squished-into-one. I've not been buying a lot or anything expensive as I have no spare money at all, darn student life. Last time I had my blog I had a part time job and no accommodation to pay for.

And firstly I apologise deeply for the camera quality as this was taken on my HTC desire C. How unprofessional, I know, right? Unfortunately I'm at Uni right now and have no camera with me. Plus I actually  dropped my camera and it's not so healthy anymore.
So, going left to right, clockwise.

L'oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution rrp £4.99

This is a m a z i n g . Now, I've never tried the holy Bioderma or any other micellar solution, but I don't know how it could work any better than this. I got this on offer at Boots a few weeks back on 2 for £6.00. I gave my Mum the other one to try. It basically just cleans away all traces of makeup when you use a small amount on cotton wool. It doesn't sting and there's no excess rubbing involved. 

Kleenex Facial Clothes Cotton Touch rrp £1.99

So, you get 30 of these in a pack. They are just tissue-sized, tissue-shaped, tissue-diameter cotton wool pads, but I do like them. They are less fluffy than regular cotton wool and you don't get any of that leftover wisps stuck to your eyelashes after use. For the full rrp, I reckon they are a bit of a rip off however as you can get a heck of a lot more of regular cotton wool for £1.99.
Luckily I got these for 69p from the beloved Home Bargains.

Johnson's baby Gentle Cleansing wipes rrp £1.79

I also got these from Home Bargains, I reckon they were under £1 but truly I can't remember. It was a haze of excited bargain shopping.
Everyone knows these, so I won't bore you. But I will add that I use them for cleaning up mistakes, spills, products, and sometimes to remove my makeup when I know that it's either wipes or no removing going on at all (i.e. after a night out) not that I would advocate not washing your face properly of course.

Montagne Jeunesse Peel-off Masque in Cucumber rrp £1.09

I got 3 for £2.00 at Home Bargains. I got two of the cucumber and one green tea. I've tried the green tea and although I didn't notice a massive difference to my skin it felt soft and it's fun to do the peely part. Plus is smelled delicious. I notice that with these they seem to give you a bit too much for one face but because I'm so frugal I always want to use up as much as I can and end up waiting much longer for it to dry. I never learn.

Dainty Doll eyeshadows rrp £11.25 (each!)

Shades 007 Lollipops and roses, 003 Teach me tiger, 004 Copacabana, 006 Kingston Town, 008 Jungle and 002 Treat her like a lady
Long story short, my good friend found these in POUNDLAND for £1 a pop (obviously). So I convinced her to buy me all 6. They are bright, soft, blendable, great staying powder, and about twice as big as a MAC. Just can't complain. If they had had 58 I probably would have bought them. Thanks again, Anisa!

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder rrp £3.99 in shade 001 Transparent

Usually I wallow in grief when I hear a gazillion beauty bloggers going on about a fantastic, cheap face product, as I'm so pale drugstore alternatives are normally off the menu. However, I found myself staring longingly at this in Superdrug the other day and decided to try the tester. Miraculously, it matched! This is a great powder which does what it says on the tin, and I'm just very happy to have purchased a powder that matches my ghostly complexion for under £5.

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in shade 400 Big Bang rrp £5.99

I'm not fully sure about how I feel about this product yet. It's a beautiful shade and a really lovely shiny consistency. However it bleeds and is quite wet on the lips, which, for a bright red, is a bit dangerous. I did apply this on it's own, though, and I think a small amount in the centre of a red lipstick pout would be great. Also, it smells a bit odd.

L'oreal Shine Caresse Glamshine Lipstain in shade 200 Princess rrp £7.99

This is a very nice product. Although a bit pricey for a drugstore brand it feels expensive. The packaging is good, although I wish the full product name was on it! It's sleek and easy to identify which shade you've picked up without squinting at the number underneath. The applicator is really lovely- a doe-foot shape, and is easy to coat the lips and get into the small cupids bow area without making mistakes. It does smell a bit weird however (maybe it's just me with smells...). I find for a lip gloss type product it stays well and the colour is really flattering and pretty. I did have to give a few applications to make the colour opaque but I like that as it gives the choice of a sheer or opaque look depending on the occasion.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 1 Fair (which actually IS fair!) rrp £4.19

This is another of the most-raved-about which I had ignored stupidly thinking the shade range wouldn't suit me. Again I was wrong! I really wish I'd discovered this sooner as it matches perfectly, conceals blemishes and redness very well and is under £5. I also prefer this packaging for concealer to the pot versions, which I usually end up with due to limited product range for us pale-ies. I'm tempted to buy a load for stock as I'm terrified it will be discontinued or something. I think I may stick to this for a long time. So long, Illamasqua!

Any goodies you have found? Please share. 

Thanks for reading and hope you're having a fab day.
Jess
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment