Thursday 21 April 2011

REVIEW - Topshop Lipsticks! __MakeuPanda

Firstly an apology for my lack of updates recently, I'm currently on my Easter break from college and am trying to cram in as much revision as is possible without dying of boredom.

So, here's my review.
I went to Topshop in Meadowhall yesterday and bought 2 lipsticks from their makeup section. They are £8 each.
They come in packaging like this:
Cute! They colours are On The Town and Brighton Rock.


And here are some swatches:
Topshop describe On The Town as "Lilac" and "Velvet finish lipstick to smooth, moisturise and nourish lips. Apply for fabulous colour and moisturised, matte finish, wear alone or with gloss for a shiny finish."
When I applied On The Town it was shiny rather than matte but I quite liked it anyway.

Brighton Rock is described as "Pink" and "Satin matte finish lipstick to smooth, hydrate and nourish lips." and I agree more with this as it goes on quite matte but not as drying as Mac's matte lipsticks, which I always wear with a balm under.

This is what On The Town looks like on me. It's not an opaque colour, more of a lilac shine. It looks pinker than it is in reality on these photo. It's more of a grey-ish tone.


It's an almost coral-ly pink, very warm. My other pink is Girl About Town by MAC which is not only quite a bit deeper but also more blue-y toned than Brighton Rock. I really like it on me though, to say I usually suit more blue-based colours. Plus it matched the top I had on :)!
Has anyone else tried out Topshop makeup? What do you think?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment