Friday 1 April 2011

NOTD - Barry M Hologram Hexograms (np244) __MakeuPanda


Soo.. This is what the bottle looks like.. If you're someone whose drawn to shiny things then good luck resisting this! It looks great in the bottle! So I got this in a 2 for £5 on Barry M nail polish at Boots.
 First I painted my nails with Victoria Street by Nails Inc. (after my OPI basecoat).
 Then I applied one coat of the sparkly polish. I was a bit disappointed with how much sparkle actually GOES ON to the nail itself, because it's a bit sparse. But after another coat it looks okay.


This is after two coats.. However I think even a third coat might do the trick.. But I got bored haha! It does look pretty though and I've had a few comments on it today so it must look cute!
I really love the effect but just wish that it would go on more smoothly, as applying seven layers of polish (base coat, two layers of colour, three layers of sparkle and a top coat) seems a little excessive to say the least, even if you like nail-painting.
Has anyone else had this polish or one similar?
And any ideas on another colour polish which would go nicely with the sparkle? Right now I can only think of silver as an appropriate base colour.
Thanks!!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment