Wednesday 6 April 2011

PROJECT - Front Cover eyeshadows- from bulky to compact! __MakeuPanda

So, I had the Front Cover palette which i got as a gift a while ago, from Boots I believe. I think at the time it retailed at around £30 but I think it was on sale for £15 at the time I got it. I think it was called Rainbow Eyes but I threw away the packaging before taking note, :(. I don't think you can buy it anymore but you can still get certain Front Cover palettes just not this one.
However, the box was so big and bulky that I couldn't keep it anywhere handy on my dressing table area.
So, what Mr Panda and I did, was depot the eyeshadows (he's a goodun', helping me with makeuppy stuff <3). We did that by breaking open the box and taking out the black plastic part which the eyeshadow pands are glued to. Then we pulled off the pans and cleaned the backs for blue. After that we used a knife and sliced off the top "domed" part of the eyeshadow because the dome made it impossible to close the lid on a regular mac palette. This is the result of the sliced eyeshadows.

The top right green and blue aren't Front Cover eyeshadows, I believe they are Stila. Sorry about the gross random hair.
These are just mac's 15 pan eyeshadow palettes. The neutral one I can obviously add more random eyeshadows to :) I used round sticky-backed magnets (from Hobbycraft) on the back of the pans so that they stay in the palette (as the Mac palettes have a metal sheet at the bottom).
I much prefer my eyeshadows in these palettes as I often reach for my palettes in a morning, but never for a huge bulky box.

However, I wasn't gonna waste the powder sliced off the domed eyeshadows... So I crushed it up and put it in these stackable pots I got from Hobbycraft...



One of these is a Front Cover, the other two are Urban Decay (bottom) and the top one is a random silver from a cheap band.
I like how I now have the choice of using a pigment or a pressed shadow for these colours...
This is just an idea if you have any bulky unusable makeup!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment